Monday, October 01, 2007

A Matter of Perfection

I can never quite remember how I start reading a particular blog. Sometimes, it's because someone new leaves a comment and I click through to officially "meet" them. Sometimes a blog post will mention or link to another blog. Sometimes I go through people's blogrolls to see who they like reading. Whatever the method, I am constantly discovering the wealth of beauty and talent that the blogosphere has to offer.

In one such instance, I stumbled upon Bon from Crib Chronicles. Something about her writing just clicked with me. It wasn't about her gift for words, which is apparent, but something in the tone of her writing was just so honest and unpretentious. It was like I was able to see the person writing the words as I read them.


This month, Bon wrote a post that quite simply took my breath away. If you haven't read it already, I urge you to go read it now. I can't remember the last time I've been so personally affected by a piece of writing. It's like she reached into my head and my heart, and pulled the thoughts and feelings right out. Only, I don't have the talent that she has, and I could never have written it so beautifully. As far as I'm concerned, the ability to do something like that is what makes a writer truly great.

So, I am awarding her a Perfect Post. It's my very first time doing this, and I don't think I could have chosen better. You deserve it, Bon.

The Original Perfect Post Awards – Sept ‘07

And, if you want to read more great writing, check out the other winners at Suburban Turmoil or Petroville.

11 comments:

Bon said...

blushing a little. many, many thanks, NoMo.

that post meant a lot to me, and i'm honoured...and grateful. not to mention inspired to finally get my blog bling reinstated again. :)

Mad said...

I nominated that post as well. It was amazing.

As for remembering when we find a blogger, I remember distinctly the moment I found bon. It was in March when that "Real Mothers meme" was going around. I was checking out all the links to them at Motherhood Uncensored and clicked on bon's. Her entry knocked the wind right out of me.

A couple of posts later, I left her a comment about her taste in music and she emailed me back to say she lived 3 hours down the road from me. That was my HOLY SHIT moment. Until that moment I thought I was alone out here. Nope. Now I am one of many Maritime bloggers. The rest (Bon, Thordora, Kate, Hannah) were there all along and I just didn't know it. Erg.

Girlplustwo said...

Bon is always an amazing writer, but that post, i agree. Breathless.

Karla Zamora, Digital Analyst said...

Wow, what a beautiful post! I'm still trying to take it all in. Bon is truly an amazing writer.

ewe are here said...

I really enjoy her blog as well.
Nice nomination.

painted maypole said...

bon's post was great

Jennifer said...

I couldn't agree with you more.

Bon is a beautiful writer. This was a beautiful post.

cinnamon gurl said...

Great choice!

Christine said...

bon is an amazing writer. i just love reading her lovely words.

i found bon when she commented over at my place once. and i've gone back to her site every day since.

moplans said...

I first found bon the way mad hatter did. (So it wasn't my imagination that all these maritime bloggers just appeared on my radar.)
Both of those posts were so powerful I was intimidated to comment.
Her writing is wonderful. Great nomination.

crazymumma said...

I just recently started reading her. She is startling in her way of putting her words together with such beauty.