Friday, October 31, 2008

The Time Warp

I'm finding it difficult to believe that this time last year, I was pregnant. AND little beknownst to me, I was about to give birth - NOT in three weeks as calculated by doctors and ultrasounds. Due dates, schmue dates. This year has gone by extremely fast, and ridiculously slowly. I'm finding it hard to be coherent when all I feel is schmaltzy, so behold some of the (very few) Hallowe'en pictures that are (sort of) in focus:


The Not-So-Spooky Jack-O-Lantern Pizza. Rule #1: Nobody gets to eat Hallowe'en candy unless they eat dinner first. (Best thing about being a parent? Making up crazy rules.) This pizza may become the new tradition at Casa Earth.


My lovely, sweet "Ninja" Turtle Boy. He refused to wear the mask, so that makes him a...turtle. Sans ninja. That worked out perfectly. Look at his poor cheek! His hand-holding partner in the daycare's Hallowe'en parade took a tumble, and the Boy came tumbling after. Apparently, he was very brave. He cried a bit, and then made sure that his friend was ok.


This is the last first holiday for my baby. My Little Guy is not so little anymore. Sniff. Excuse me while I get all googly...

Happy Hallowe'en from Casa Earth!

13 comments:

MARY G said...

Little Guy looks good enough to eat, almost. Keep him out of the loot bag, eh!
And the Boy is, indeed, brave. They do take tumbles.
What a gorgeous pair of boys you have.

Jess said...

They're both so beautiful!

painted maypole said...

the pizza is genius!

cinnamon gurl said...

Gorgeous!

Kyla said...

They are both adorable!! So adorable!

Poor Boy! That is quite the scrape. Ouchie.

ewe are here said...

Adorable boys.

And like the pizza idea... ;-)

Mimi said...

The cuteness (of the children)! And the cleverness (of the pizza)! Lady, you've got it all!

Woman in a Window said...

I always get a good laugh outta cookie monster's googly eyes. hehehe, really, it's good for the soul. How cute your kids are!

metro mama said...

Adorable!

motherbumper said...

GAAAAAAAH Little Guy is the most edible looking cookie monster EVER. I'd get weepy too. And The Boy is a totally tough looking turtle with that cheek, despite the lack of ninja couture. I wouldn't cross him (what a trooper though, being there for his walking buddy). Gemma was at the end of her parade and totally was kepping Raggedy Ann and Dorothy in line the entire time. She is a wicked caboose.

We went the pizza route too but I made someone else do the cooking. Hee.

Tania said...

Those pics make me feel all googly too.

mamatulip said...

I LOVE YOUR KIDS. Holy crap, the cuteness!

I cried this week because my kids are growing up too fast. Dammit.

bren j. said...

Oh my goodness! They are SO CUTE! Hooray for him not wanting to wear the mask - phew!

We had pizza Friday night too. We didn't go out anywhere, I was just too tired to cook after running errands all afternoon. We had one trick-or-treater and I hid when she knocked on the door because it was early and I couldn't remember if we had any candy to give out.

Then I think she caught a glimpse of me in the window and I felt bad. After that, I closed the blinds and made sure the outside light was off. :)